The 1890 Cooperative Extension System assists diverse audiences, with emphasis on those who have limited social and economic resources, to improve the quality of life and vitality of individuals and communities through transformational engagement and outreach education.
The 1890 Extension programs focus on five core themes:
- Nutrition, Health and Wellness of Individuals, Families and Communities
- Economic Prosperity and Well-Being of Rural and Urban Underserved Communities
- Community, Youth and Family Resilience/Sustainability
- Environment, Natural Resources and Renewable Energy
- Agricultural Profitability and Sustainability of Small-Scale Farms